- August 12, 2019
- Art and Placemaking
Art is intentionally placed everywhere – you just have to look for it. Here, we explore examples of the way outside artists have contributed to creative placemaking in our projects.
- July 15, 2019
- All About DC's Intern Development Program
If you're a college student studying architecture, engineering, interior design, or graphic design, learn about DC's Intern Development Program and see if it's for you!
- July 8, 2019
- Architects Explore Healthcare Project Through Physical Model
Creating excitement, curiosity, and understanding with a physical model.
- July 1, 2019
- Meet the People: Gaby Moynahan
- June 24, 2019
- Project Spotlight: Shindigz
- June 17, 2019
- Design Collaborative Wins Excellence in Construction Award for Notre Dame Green Roof
Design Collaborative was awarded an Excellence in Construction Award by the Michiana Builders Association for our work on the green roof at the Joyce Athletic and Convocation Center at the University Of Notre Dame.
- June 10, 2019
- Construction Engineer Bob Sanderson Earns Registered Roof Consultant Certification
Sanderson is one of nine people in Indiana with the certification.
- June 3, 2019
- Meet the People: Jason Baker
- May 28, 2019
- Ohio Valley Bank on the Square
Ohio Valley Bank is going home. They're renovating the building they established in 1896 in the downtown square of Gallipolis, Ohio.
- May 22, 2019
- 3D Model-Making, Past and Present
Model-making has always been an important part of architecture, from the large, room-sized models of Eero Saarinen to the smaller handheld models that you can find in a college architecture studio. But digital fabrication and the development of newer technology have allowed model-making techniques like 3D printing to become not only a possibility, but practical as well.
- May 20, 2019
- Exploring Kinetic Envelopes
What is a kinetic envelope, and how do they influence buildings in different geographic regions?
- May 13, 2019
- Empathy and Inclusive Design
Do we understand well enough our motivations as designers? Do we take commissions because we feel we can make a real difference, or because it might look great on our website? There’s no reason that those things must be mutually exclusive, but it’s important that designers understand the positive social impact of their work must be valued at least as much as website clicks.
- May 6, 2019
- Meet the People: Kelli Warner
- April 30, 2019
- Design Collaborative Wins Two 2019 Building Contractors Association Awards
- April 29, 2019
- Technology in the Evolving Workplace
Technology has greatly impacted the way we communicate and collaborate with one another in the workplace over the last decade. We have the opportunity to work from almost anywhere, whenever and however we want to, using wireless and mobile technology.