- Van Wert Health's Surgery and Inpatient Center Delivers on Improved Patient Experience
Expanding a community's access to care through design.
- Design Collaborative Announces Promotions and Corporate Awards
Design Collaborative’s three architectural interns, Andrew Jackson, Jackson Haynes, and Grace Lehmann (4th year architecture students at Ball State University) collaborated over a five month period on a design competition called Urban Den-cities. The focus of their competition was to develop a zero commute, mixed use residential neighborhood massing concept that is resilient to pandemic impacts and built for a population that lives, works and plays in the same place. The interns were presented with 3 site options located in New York City, New York, Cairo, Egypt, and Shenzhen, China; they ultimately selected New York City. Deliverables for their project included virtual massing models, site plans, site sections, and renderings.
- Touchless Environment in a Physical World: The Workplace of the Future
- How to Promote Safe Electrical Systems
- 7 Shocking Before and After Architecture Photos
Design Collaborative renovated office and lab space for BAE Systems, and the transformation is unbelievable.
- Can Nature Change Your Work Environment for the Better?
Biophilia simply put is “the humankind’s innate biological connection with nature”. There is a wide pool of evidence proving positive outcomes stemming from biophilic design. Studies that show those who experience these spaces may feel the benefit of lower blood pressure, a lower heart rate, expedited healing, and improved cognitive performance (Terrapin Bright Green, 2012)
- HVAC, COVID-19, and the Workplace
An HVAC system can play a critical role in providing a healthy building for everyone that occupies the space, ultimately creating a safer environment to work in.