- March 8, 2018
- Creating Our Own Stories
Women working in industries that are typically male-dominated sometimes unknowingly play an important role in inspiring young women. Similar to the evolution of the career path of the Barbie doll, career options are now endless for girls as they consider their future.
- March 5, 2018
- Meet the People: Rich Busfield
- March 1, 2018
- Design Collaborative Wins Five Advertising Honors Awards
- February 26, 2018
- Hospital Planning: Patient Care Units
In the final blog of our Hospital Planning series, we discuss designing patient care units. The safety and comfort of the patient, as well as the ease of care for the staff are the primary drivers for design.
- February 19, 2018
- Hospital Planning: Imaging Departments
Hospital imaging rooms are designed with the evolution of advancements, replacements, and upgrades in mind. Each of these spaces is designed with the patient in mind first. Procedures are typically stressful for the patient, but good designers do their best to humanize the experience through design.
- February 12, 2018
- Hospital Planning: Emergency Departments
When designing a hospital's emergency department, our team needs to collect and understand a plethora of information from the hospital. The goal is to correctly size the department in order to adequately serve the patient population.
- February 5, 2018
- Hospital Planning: Surgery Departments
Our healthcare team has to have a developed understanding of a hospital's key departments to effectively plan and design an efficient and patient-friendly environment. Here, I'll focus on a surgery department.
- February 1, 2018
- Thad Berkes Joins DC as Chief Estimator
Thad Berkes has joined the DC team as Chief Estimator!
- January 30, 2018
- Bright Ideas: Understanding Lighting Control System Design and Operation
I learned first-hand "watt's watt" with the installation of a lighting controls system. Here's how it impacts you.
- January 22, 2018
- Healthcare Design: Understanding the On-Stage/Off-Stage Model
The organization and relationship between patient and caregiver spaces is one of healthcare’s most fundamental design questions.
- January 15, 2018
- Updated Athletic Facilities Attract and Retain Student Athletes
Designing athletic facilities where student athletes can practice, develop into better players, and have a sense of belonging is crucial to not only recruitment but retention.
- January 11, 2018
- Chris Stine Named Associate Partner
Architect Chris Stine, NCARB, has been named an Associate Partner of the firm.