- February 19, 2018
- Hospital Planning: Imaging Departments
Hospital imaging rooms are designed with the evolution of advancements, replacements, and upgrades in mind. Each of these spaces is designed with the patient in mind first. Procedures are typically stressful for the patient, but good designers do their best to humanize the experience through design.
- February 12, 2018
- Hospital Planning: Emergency Departments
When designing a hospital's emergency department, our team needs to collect and understand a plethora of information from the hospital. The goal is to correctly size the department in order to adequately serve the patient population.
- February 5, 2018
- Hospital Planning: Surgery Departments
Our healthcare team has to have a developed understanding of a hospital's key departments to effectively plan and design an efficient and patient-friendly environment. Here, I'll focus on a surgery department.
- February 1, 2018
- Thad Berkes Joins DC as Chief Estimator
Thad Berkes has joined the DC team as Chief Estimator!
- January 30, 2018
- Bright Ideas: Understanding Lighting Control System Design and Operation
I learned first-hand "watt's watt" with the installation of a lighting controls system. Here's how it impacts you.
- January 22, 2018
- Healthcare Design: Understanding the On-Stage/Off-Stage Model
The organization and relationship between patient and caregiver spaces is one of healthcare’s most fundamental design questions.
- January 15, 2018
- Updated Athletic Facilities Attract and Retain Student Athletes
Designing athletic facilities where student athletes can practice, develop into better players, and have a sense of belonging is crucial to not only recruitment but retention.
- January 11, 2018
- Chris Stine Named Associate Partner
Architect Chris Stine, NCARB, has been named an Associate Partner of the firm.
- January 8, 2018
- Meet the People: Chris Stine
- December 27, 2017
- 25 for DC25: The Definitive List
As 2017 and Design Collaborative’s 25th year of creating people-first places comes to a close, we thought it only fitting to look back at 25 of the great things that happened in our 25th year.
- December 18, 2017
- Design Collaborative Wins AIA Fort Wayne Award
- December 13, 2017
- Kelli Warner, Construction Engineer, Wins BCA Emerging Leader Award
- December 11, 2017
- LEDs vs. Incandescents: A Christmas Case Study
By replacing your incandescent strands of Christmas lights with LEDs, you'll save enough money to put in that swimming pool. And if there's enough left over, you'll be able to fly the whole family down to help you dedicate it!
- December 6, 2017
- Design Collaborative Wins Excellence In Construction Award
- December 4, 2017
- Water Wants to Ruin Your Building
Figuring out where and how water is getting into your building after construction is complete is incredibly difficult and potentially expensive. That’s why it is critical to make sure that a Water Resistive Barrier is effectively designed, detailed, and constructed in your next building project.